Want to Increase Engagement?
Sara Wilson, CPCC |
A concern many individuals I coach bring up is a lack of engagement on the part of employees, team members or board members. Understandably this is a challenge for every Leader. You depend on people being engaged in order to achieve strategic goals and to accomplish day-to-day tasks.
If you want to increase engagement, start by answering these questions considering the area in which you want to see change:
- Why is this important?
- What is the goal of engagement?
- What is the individual’s passion about the project or organization?
- What challenge limits engagement? Can you remove the challenge or work around it?
- How can you provide opportunity for engagement?
- How will you communicate the opportunity, importance and goal of engagement?
When you can answer these questions you create a path for increasing engagement in any project or organization.
Be intentional on increasing your team’s engagement. Intentional Leadership requires reflection, asking critical questions and taking action.